Confidentiality and security are at the heart of everything we do here at GOSSUIN. We handle all of your data with utmost care and are committed to offer you personalized services for which we need to collect and store information while preserving your privacy and choices.
Who we are
“We” , “GOSSUIN”, “AWARE”, “us” refers to AWARE SAS, a joint stock company with a share capital of EUR 2,000 , listed under the Vannes (France) Trade and Companies Register under number 851 472 357 (“SIREN), with a head office located at 12, allée Goh Huiniec 56860 Séné France and represented by Arthur Thoby in his capacity of President of AWARE.
AWARE is the data controller under the applicable personal data regulations in particular Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter “GDPR”).
What personal we may collect
“Personal data” means any piece of information that could identify you directly (like a name) or indirectly (like a unique customer id number).
Depending on the nature of data you provide or share with us, personal data may include information on the following:
- Identity and contact details;
- Geolocation (country only);
- Size and stylistic preferences;
- Purchases and repairs;
- Your online journeys (gossuin.com, social media, partners websites);
- Requests with regard to customer care or personal relations;
- Physical events you attend.
Regarding your purchases, your bank details do not pass unencrypted through AWARE servers. Payments are made via www.stripe.com, a secure payment platform PCI-DSS certified, supplemented by control measures, to ensure the security of purchases made and to fight against fraud.
How we collect or receive your data?
Ordinary operations of AWARE may lead us to collect data at various locations and platforms:
- www.gossuin.com journey
- In-person relationship with our team
- GOSSUIN events you attend
- Public relations relationships
- Contact with customer care department or any other help desk
- Forms your fill (whether physically or digitally)
- Digital apps you use
- GOSSUIN social media pages you interact with (comment, like, visit)
- Digital media advertising you click on
- Search engine paid advertising you click on
The personal data essential to AWARE services is indicated by an asterisk on each personal data collection form. If you do not provide the data marked with an asterisk, this may affect the products and services that we can provide to you. Other information is optional and allows us to know you better and to improve our communications and services to you.
What are we using your data for?
As part of our relationship, depending on the context in which your data is collected, we use your data for:
- the management of your orders;
- the management of the personalized content and communications with GOSSUIN (digital or otherwise);
- the management of your profile;
- the management of your requests linked with GOSSUIN;
- the management of events which you register for / attend;
- the management of your application for a job;
- the management of our website and our digital apps;
- the improvement of our products and services.
The legal basis for the processing of your data can be, depending in which context your data is collected:
- Your consent (e.g. to manage our tailored services, managing your browsing via cookies)
- The performance of a contract (e.g. managing your access to your customer account, processing and tracking your orders)
- A legal obligation when processing is required by law (e.g. retention of purchase invoices)
- Our legitimate interest: improve our products and services, prevent fraud, secure our tools or tailor our communications
How long we may keep it for
We only keep your personal data for as long as we need it to reach the purpose pursued, to meet your needs, or to comply with our legal obligations.
As a general principle, your personal data will be retained in our client database:
- If you are a “client” (i.e. you have already purchased a GOSSUIN product): for no more than 10 years after your first purchase; this period will be renewed each time you interact with GOSSUIN (e.g. a purchase)
- If you are a “prospect” (i.e. you have never purchased a GOSSUIN product but you are interested in GOSSUIN creations and brand): we keep your data for 3 years; this period will be renewed each time you interact with GOSSUIN (e.g. when participating in an event)
- If you are in contact with the Public Relations department: for no more than 10 years after initial contact; this period will be renewed each time you interact with GOSSUIN (e.g. when requesting information from GOSSUIN)
Where cookies are placed on your computer, we shall keep them for no more than 13 months.
When we no longer need to use your personal data, it is removed from our systems and records or anonymised so that you can no longer be identified from it.
Who can access your data
Your data is solely accessible to the GOSSUIN services in charge of fulfilling your requests. We ensure that only duly authorised persons can access your personal data when necessary for the above-mentioned purposes.
WE DO NOT GIVE OR SELL YOUR DATA TO THIRD PARTIES FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.
We only communicate your personal data when we it is deemed necessary and try to limit the possibility of direct identification as much as possible. Below is the list of possible recipients:
- Other entities of GOSSUIN to provide you with personalized services worldwide.
- Our trusted third-party suppliers acting as processor on our behalf and according to our specifications and instructions. These third-parties may include delivery and shipping companies, payment companies securing all transactions and preventing fraud, event, IT, digital communications and public relations agencies as well as third-parties mandated by us to handle returns and other customer care related services.
- Third parties in the event of a change of control, for legal reasons, or with your prior consent
You may also choose to disclose your personal data to our partners, advertisers or affiliates by following a link to and from their website.
How we keep it safe and confidential
We take all useful precautions to guarantee the privacy and security of your data and to protect such data from any misrepresentation, damage, destruction or access by unauthorised third parties.
Please note, your data may be transferred to, accessed from, and stored outside the European Union by staff members who work for us or for one of our trusted service providers, for example to access your purchase history from a store other than your main store. We do it only in a secure and lawful way, and taking steps to make sure that third parties adhere to the commitments set out in this Policy in particular by entering into appropriate contracts based on the template adopted by the European Commission.
Your rights under the European Reguldation “GPDR”
It is important that you can control your personal data. Please find hereunder the description of the rights you have under GDPR:
- Right to be informed: you have the right to obtain clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal data, and your rights. You will find all this information in this Policy
- The right of access: you have the right to access to the personal data GOSSUIN holds about you
- The right of rectification: you have the right to have your personal data rectified if it is incorrect or outdated and / or completed if it is incomplete
- The right to erasure / right to be forgotten: you have the right to have your personal data erased or deleted. Please note this is not an absolute right, as we may have legal or legitimate grounds for retaining your personal data
- The right to object to direct marketing: you can unsubscribe or opt out of our direct marketing communication at any time. You are able to do so by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any email or communication we send you. You are also able to request to receive non-personalised communications about our products and services
- The right to withdraw consent at any time for data processing based on consent: You can withdraw your consent to our processing of your data when such processing is based on consent
- The right to data portability: you have the right to move, copy or transfer data from our database to another. This only applies to data that you have provided, where processing is based on a contract or your consent, and the processing is carried out by automated means
You also have the right to contact the data protection authority of your country in order to lodge a complaint against the data protection and privacy practices of GOSSUIN.
Please contact us at the contact details below to exercise these rights or if you have any questions or complaints regarding the processing of your personal data.
Note that we may require proof of your identity and full details of your request before we process it.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we process and use your personal data, or would like to exercise any of your rights above, please contact us:
- If you are a client or a prospect:
By emailing us to email to [email protected]
- If you are in contact with Public Relations Department
By sending an email to [email protected]
You may also contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected]
Information about cookies and their management
Whats is a cookie
When you visit our website, we might, depending on the choices you make, store a text file on your device (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.) through your web browser.
This text file is a cookie. For as long as it is valid and stored on your device, it will enable GOSSUIN to identify your device when you visit the website in the future.
Only the issuer of a cookie can read or modify information stored in it.
Below you will find information on the cookies that might be stored on your device when you visit pages on the gossuin.com website, either by GOSSUIN or by third parties, and how you can delete cookies or refuse to allow them to be stored on your device.
Purpose of the cookies issued on gossuin.com
There are several categories of cookie. Some of them are issued directly by GOSSUIN and its providers, and some are issued by third-party companies.
Cookies issued by GOSSUIN and its providers
Various types of cookie might be stored on your device when you browse our website:
- The “essential” cookies are essential for browsing our website, including to ensure that the ordering process runs smoothly. If you delete them it can cause difficulties when browsing our website and make it impossible to place an order. They might be stored on your device by GOSSUIN or by its providers.
- “Analytical and Personalisation” cookies not essential for browsing our website but making it easier for you to conduct searches, optimising your buying experience.
- “Advertising” cookies, not essential for browsing but allowing you a more relevant advertising offer.
If your device is used by several people and if one device uses several web browsers, we cannot be certain that the services and adverts delivered to your device are determined based on your use of the device and not on that of another user. It is your decision and responsibility whether you share use of your device and configuration of your web browser’s cookie settings with other people.
Cookies issued by third-party companies
Cookies are issued and used by third parties on our website in accordance with these third parties’ privacy protection policies. These cookies are not essential for browsing our website.
We might include cookies on our website applications produced by third parties, which enable you to share our site content with other people or to tell other people what content you have been browsing or your opinions of it. This is true of the “Share” and “Like” buttons for social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
Managing cookies stored on your device
You can decide whether cookies are stored on your device. You can configure your web browser as you wish, so that cookies are accepted and stored on your device, or conversely blocked. The configuration process is different for each web browser. It is usually described in the browser’s help menu. We urge you to find out how to configure your browser. This will allow you to find out how to change your cookie preferences.
- For Internet Explorer™: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- For Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?locale=fr_FR&viewlocale=en_US
- For Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en
- For Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- For Opera™: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html
Please note: any changes you make to your web browser’s cookie acceptance or blocking settings may change your web browsing experience and the process of accessing services that require the use of these cookies. For example, if you block essential cookies you might no longer be able to place orders on our website.
In case of modification of this Policy, we will ensure that you are informed of these changes either by a special notice on our site, or by a personalised warning notably in the context of our newsletters.
Last edited on 29/11/2019 at 12.31pm GMT+2.