- 4.5cm high sewn-down collar, button on collar stand, full body shaped facings, single-button barrel cuffs, tonal stitching.
- GOSSUIN shirt classic architecture. V-shaped back (fabric in the bias along the back central seam), scalloped wrist, ergonomic sleeve in 2 pieces, side sleeve buttonhole placket, set-in-sleeves (body is stitched first, sleeves are attached later), GOSSUIN bottom.
- White, 100% cotton, 2-ply, 129g/m² twill fabric woven in Czech Republic by Mileta. Woven interlinings. Indigo blue, 100% cotton, 2-ply, 140g/m² light denim fabric woven in Italy by Monti. Woven interlinings. Red and white stripe, 100% cotton, 113g/m², Oxford fabric woven in Czech Republic by Mileta. Woven interlinings.
- Manufactured with precision and care in Ukmerge, Lithuania, E.U.
All our pictures are unretouched
Reverso 01 is a playful mid-season shirt. The collar can be flipped in a single gesture to create a number of collar styles that transform the shirt entirely. Wear it open, closed or with a slim tie. We chose 3 fine, robust and easy to pair fabrics that all bring a distinctive character to the shirt: a white twill, a red-white striped Oxford and a blue indigo denim.
145% of our campaign objective
Preorders ended on December 20th. You may place an order at the regular price with delivery expected at the end of February.
The GOSSUIN fit
- Adjusted to fit the body yet retain comfort.
- Take your normal size for a close fit or one above for a slightly larger fit.
- Sleeves are slightly longer than usual so make sure they fall right where the thumb starts.
A note from Alain
What I love the most about REVERSO 01 is the ability to change the style of my collar in a heartbeat. I designed the default position of the collar to be original yet easily blend in a more classic outfit, even with a tie. My favourite thing remains to flip the collar at the end of the day for a more casual look and leave people puzzled about what just happened.
- Avoid dry cleaning: it can halve a shirt lifetime.
- Prefer machine wash up to 40°C. Go up to 60°C (white only) if absolutely necessary. No bleach please. Wash similar colors together. Spin cycle 600-800rpm.
- Prefer natural drying (on a hanger), avoid tumble dry. This will preserve fibres and ensure your garment lasts longer.
- Medium iron, medium to little steam. Choose cotton program if you have one.
Explore REVERSO 01
Click on any of the pulsating zones to get more information
Discover the Reverso 01 films
do not silence me
The idea of this collar originated in the head of François-Régis Laporte, the co-founder of the first version of GOSSUIN. The brand had released removable collars in the past using snap closures to set various collars on the shirt that once taken off would show a very nice "Mao" inspired collar.
But François-Régis wanted to go one step further. What if we removed those snaps at all and made it simply and easily reversible? He went on to make a first raw prototype with a pair of scissors and some scrap paper and then brought it to Alain that loved the idea and undertook to see it through. REVERSO was born.
The right balance
Making the collar reversible was in itself a challenge. The challenge was to keep a decent size for the collar at around 5cm on the default position and about the same once "reversed". That mean that, unlike traditional collars, the collar could not be sewn at the top of the collar but had to be sewn across the middle of the collar on the top of the collar stand, making it effectively "flippable".
After a couple of adjustment aimed at perfecting the 10+ years old style, we started to look for the fabrics that would soon shape the REVERSO 01 shirt. We wanted to add color but we did not want to just use color variations of the same fabric. Rather, we wanted to bring fabrics that would each bring a distinctive character to the shirt.
We opted for a mid-season white Twill as our "blank canvas", with average weight and sufficient opacity from our go-to Fabric mill Mileta. For the colors, we decided on a fine and light italian denim from the prestigious weaver Monti that will get a nice fade as you wear and wash it. We further chose a red and white stripe Oxford fabric from Mileta again with a very unusual stripe pattern that alternates a sort of red "pixel", giving the fabric a really fresh & modern appearance.
REVERSO 01 was born.
The usual suspects
As per our commitment, the shirt is 100% made in Europe with our selected European partners, the same we worked with on the ALPHA 01 shirt. We keep driving them to always improve and meet our promise: make an accessible, superior quality garment, designed and made to last.
It took many people to bring REVERSO 01 to the world. This section is dedicated to them.
- Quentin Demeester
- Matthieu Villot
- Amaury Baudoin
- Sami Younis
- Vincent Lacrocq
- Raoul Uzan
- Axel Hermann
- David Ge
- Clément Vidon Photography
- Amaury Baudoin video
- Hugo Villard grooming
- Alain Gossuin photography - video
- Arthur Thoby video - drawings - web design
Paradise is other people
We warmly thank Geoffroy Sciard for offering his home for the shooting and all of his support over the recent months
We are grateful to the entire team of Success Models and particularly Liana Soulié et Rodger Mikhaiel for their assistance and guidance in putting the cast of models together.
We extend our gratefulness to our manufacturing partners Ligita, Giedre and their team for their reactivity and patience in this trying times.
Special shout to Joséphine Thoby for all her help over the last few months.
Finally, we want to thank our most faithful customers for their support since the COVID-19 outbreak.